Red Dot Sight|EOTech 512 Holographic Weapon Sight Red Dot
The EOTech Model 512 is the most popular model HWS that EOTech produces. This tactical optic is perfect for agencies that want the best in CQB speed and versatility, without the need for night vision compatibility.
The holographic patterns in the EOTech 512.A65 have been designed to be instantly visible in any light, instinctive to center regardless of shooting angle, and to remain in view while sweeping the engagement zone. EOTech 512 reticles are designed as large, see-through patterns to achieve lightning quick reticle to target acquisition without covering or obscuring the point of aim.
- AA Battery model (supports Lithium and Alkaline)
- Reticle: 65 MOA circle with 1 MOA aiming dot
- Includes rugged aluminum hood assembly and knobbed, tool-less mounting bolt
- Interfaces to 1” Picatinny (MIL-STD-1913) or Weaver rail
In holography, all the information required to reconstruct the reticle image is recorded everywhere in the Heads-Up display window. If the window is obstructed by mud, snow, rain, etc., the HWS remains fully operational, with point of aim/impact being maintained.
Even in such extreme cases where the laminated window is shattered, the HWS is fully functional. As long as the operator can see through any portion of the window, the entire reticle pattern is visible on target…the operator can still engage with confidence.
- Optics: Transmission holography – parallax free
- Magnification: 1x
- Eye Relief: Unlimited
- Length/Width/Height: 137×50.8×57 mm
- Weight: 10.9 oz (309 grams)
- Temperature: -40 to 150 F (using AA lithiums); -20 to 140 F (all other battery choices)
- Waterproof: Submersible to 10 ft depth
- Sealing: Fogproof internal optics
- Adjustment (per click): 0.5 MOA (1/2 inch at 100 yds)
- Adjustment Range: +/- 40 MOA travel
- Mount: 1 inch Picatinny (MIL-STD-1913) or Weaver rail
- Return to Zero: Repeatable to 1 MOA after re-mounting
Heads-Up Display Window
The HWS employs a true Heads-Up Display that eliminates blind spots, constricted vision, or the tunnel vision associated with tube sights. All user controls are flush to the HWS’s streamline housing with no protruding knobs, battery compartments or mounting rings blocking vision at the target area. True, 2 eyes open shooting is realized. Instant threat identification is achieved by maximizing the operators peripheral vision and ultimately gaining greater control of the engagement zone.
- Optical Surfaces: Anti-glare coating
- Window Dimensions: 30 x 23mm
- Front Window Material: 1/8 inch solid glass
- Rear Window Material: Shatter resistant laminate (3/16 inch thick)
- Field of View (100 yds): 30 yds (28m) at a 4 inch eye relief
- Brightness Adjustment Range: 110,000:1 brightest to lowest
- No Night Vision Compatibility
- Power Source: 2x 1.5V AA batteries (supports lithium, alkaline, or rechargeable)
- Battery Life: 1,000 continuous hours (lithium) at nominal setting 12; 600 continuous with AA alkaline
- Brightness Settings: 20 settings with scrolling feature
- Auto Battery Check Indicator: Flashing reticle upon start-up
- Auto Shut-down: At 8 hrs- programmable to 4 hrs